The mission of the Benton Public Library is to provide materials and services which fulfill educational, informational, and recreational needs of the community.
The general library goals of the Benton Public Library shall be:
- To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region.
- To acquire and/or make available as much as possible such books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other materials or services as will address patrons’ needs to a) become well-informed, b) locate answers to questions, c) cultivate the imagination and creative expression, d) develop skills for career and vocational advancement, and e) enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services.
- To acquire or provide the most frequently requested material.
- To strive to discover new methods and improvements for better service for the library’s customers.
- To review regularly these goals of the Benton Public Library and, if necessary, revise them in the light of new development.