UPCOMING Special Summer Library Program Events
- June 28 – Author Becky Smith reading “Gooey Noodles”
- July 5 – Reading and activities at the library
- July 12 – The Fever River Puppeteers perform “Cecilia Sails the Seven Seas” at the Benton United Methodist Church
- July 19 – Reading and activities at the library
- To Be Determined – Party in the Village Park pavilion: snacks and more prizes for all who participated
SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM 2022
As in the past, the summer library program (SLP) here in Benton has two parts:
SUMMER READING LOG—simply read—anywhere, anytime—plus visit the Benton Public Library three times during open hours (see below) between June 13 and July 23. This incentive program is for all children and youth (0-18 years old). Participants keep track of their reading on their reading logs (available in June) and earn prizes. Prizes may be collected at the library after individual goals are met; last day to complete the log and collect prizes is Sat. July 23. Our end-of-SLP party will be announced later and all family members welcome. Note: Children do NOT need to come to any story/activity programs to participate in this reading incentive program.
SCHEDULED PROGRAMS AT BPL—reading and activities at the library for children 2 years old and older, June 14 to July 19.
- Oceans of Possibilities: Tuesdays 10-10:45 a.m. for children ages 2 and older.
- *Children under the age of 5 must be accompanied by their caregiver.
Please note that the library is open only to the SLP participants and their caregivers during the scheduled program times but will reopen to the general public at 1:00 p.m. There is no charge to participate in SLP.
Call if you have questions (759-2665).
– Community Center post added July 2019 –
The Benton Village Board is embarking on the task of building a
This Community Center building will facilitate; (1) new space for the library and museums; (2) centralized government offices; and (3) spaces for public or private meetings, gatherings, and family celebrations.
Along with FEH Design and the Core Planning Committee, the library will provide any new information on future developments.
We will keep you posted on what is pushing Benton forward.
NEXT PAGE: SRP 2019 thru 2021, Preserving Our Past – Yearbooks